Tuesday, August 9, 2011

can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?


What's On: The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love

So. I didn't mean for yesterday's post to get so ARGHRAWRGRR. It was meant to be wistful, and it turned into a Raging Rant About Why I Want To Go Home.

Home of course being Japan.

Excepting of course that I can't speak Japanese. Yet.

I practice a little bit every few days. I'd like to say every day, but then I'd be lying. The important part is the practicing.

I looked up tonight while I was out smoking and saw a plane heading west. My heart clenched, and I felt tears that might have come out if I'd seen more than just the one. I think I may have mentioned (lol) that I love to be on planes, and I love flying, and I love airports, and just the sight of an airport or a plane flying is enough to make me wistful.

Now, when my every thought is bent on GET TO JAPAN, NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE, seeing the planes in the sky is an actual physical pain in my chest.

I was reminded, when I saw it, of the song Airplanes by B.o.B. featuring Hayley Williams.

Can we pretend that the airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

I could really use a wish right now.


I've always relied on music to get my feelings across. The chorus of that song pretty much exemplified my mood right now.

I'd love to talk more, but I need to be writing, and I'm already exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment